If You Have A Long Distance Telephone Complaint, Share Your Long Distance Complaints With Others And Report Your Long Distance Complaint To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
A team of long distance telephone consumer protection attorneys and lawyers are investigating potential complaints being made by long distance telephone customers and subscribers about their long distance telephone service. A long distance call is a telephone call made outside a defined local area. There are various types of calls that are commonly considered long distance. The most common is called Long Distance Toll or interLATA long-distance, which includes all calls outside the local exchange and local toll service areas, calls that originate in one LATA and terminate in another and international long distance calls. Another form of long-distance is Local Long Distance, also known as Local Toll, regional toll or intraLATA long distance, and includes calling within a geographic area known as a Local Access and Transport Area or LATA.
Types of Long Distance Complaints
Long distance complaints potentially being investigated include complaints about the following types of issues relating to long distance phone service, among others:
- Long Distance slamming complaints (e.g., a complaint that your long distance telephone company was switched or changed without your permission, authorization or consent)
- Long distance cramming complaints or unauthorized long distance charges and fees (e.g., a complaint that you were charged or billed for long distance charges or fees that you never authorized or purchased, such as per-call access fees, minimum usage fees, monthly service charges, and PICC/USF fees)
- Charged or billed for long distance calls that you never made or accepted or for calls that were never completed (i.e., calls that kept ringing, never answered or were busy)
- Charged or billed at long distance rates and prices that you never agreed to pay.
- Charged for hidden, undisclosed, unfair, illegal, misleading, scam or fraudulent long distance charges and fees.
- Long distance calling plan complaints
- Dial around long distance calls (complaints about 10-10 and toll free dial around service which allows customer to dial around or bypass their primary long distance carrier or PICC)
- Collect call charges for collect calls that were not knowing accepted (i.e., for which their is no positive acceptance by the call recipient)
- Operator assisted long distance calls (long distance calls requiring an operator)
- Other long distance complaints
Long Distance Companies > Do You Have A Complaint About Your Long Distance Company, Carrier or Provider?
There are thousands of long distance companies who provide regional toll and long distance telephone services in the United States with various calling plans, products and services. Long distance complaints potentially being investigated include complaints about the following, among others:
- AT&T Long Distance complaints (SBC Long Distance)
- Verizon Long Distance complaints (Bell Atlantic Communications)
- Sprint Long Distance complaints
- T-Mobile Long Distance complaints
- CenturyLink Long Distance complaints
- Other complaints about long distance companies
If You Have A Long Distance Telephone Complaint, Report Your Long Distance Complaints To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request a Free Attorney Review Of Your Long Distance Complaint.