If You Have A CenturyLink Complaint, Share Your CenturyLink Complaints With Others And Report Your CenturyLink Complaint To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
A team of telephone consumer protection lawyers are investigating potential landline telephone complaints being made by current and former CenturyLink phone customers and CenturyLink telephone subscribers about CenturyLink and/or CenturyLink landline, wireline or fixed-line telecommunications products and services.
CenturyLink (also formerly known as CenturyTel, Embarq and Qwest) is one of the largest wireline telecommunications company in the United States providing landline and other communications services to millions of residential, business, governmental and wholesale CenturyLink customers, including local and long-distance telephone services, broadband, private line (including special access), Multi-Protocol Label Switching or MPLS, data integration, managed hosting (including cloud hosting), colocation, Ethernet, network access, public access, wireless, video services and other ancillary services.
CenturyLink provides local telephone service in the following states through various CenturyLink Local Exchange Carriers or CenturyLink LECs: Colorado, Arizona, Washington, Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, Iowa, New Mexico, Missouri, Nevada, Idaho, Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Montana, Nebraska, Indiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Wyoming, New Jersey, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, South Carolina, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and California.
Do You Have A CenturyLink Complaint?
CenturyLink complaints potentially being investigated include complaints about the following CenturyLink landline telephone products and services, among others:
- CenturyLink Local Telephone Services (e.g., complaints about CenturyLink local calling services for residential and business customers)
- CenturyLink Long Distance (e.g., complaints about CenturyLink long distance calling services, including domestic and international long distance, CenturyLink Home Phone 5 Cents Long Distance Plan, CenturyLink Home Phone Unlimited Long Distance Plan, complaints about direct dialed, state-to-state, in-state and local toll calls), complaints about being slammed, i.e., your primary long distance carrier (PICC) being switched or changed to another long distance carrier without your permission)
- CenturyLink Home Phone Service Plans (e.g., complaints about CenturyLink HomePhone basic phone, CenturyLink Home Phone Plus, and CenturyLink Home Phone Unlimited, CenturyLink Simple Choice, CenturyLink Choice Unlimited)
- CenturyLink phone calling features (e.g., voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, call waiting ID, selective call waiting ID, three way calling, call forwarding, selective call forwarding, call rejection, last call return, no solicitation, reject or block incoming calls, etc)
- CenturyLink charges, fees and taxes (e.g., complaints about cramming or the placing of unauthorized or unwanted charges or fees onto your CenturyLink telephone bill or CenturyLink account, complaints about CenturyLink monthly recurring charges and prorated charges, CenturyLink taxes, fees and surcharges, package charges, local service detail, subscriber line and access recovery charge, one-time charges, equipment purchases, connection activation and installation fees, late fees, usage fees, etc.)
- CenturyLink refunds, adjustments and credits (e.g., complaints about being owed refunds or credits on your CenturyLink telephone account)
- CenturyLink billing and payments (e.g., complaints about being overcharged, overbilled or paying too much for CenturyLink phone products or services or other CenturyLink billing disputes, complaints about CenturyLink AutoPay, CenturyLink Quick Bill Pay, CenturyLink pay by phone, monthly due date, landline account balances, getting copies of CenturyLink telephone bills or paper statements, CenturyLink online billing and paying online, etc. )
- CenturyLink call quality (e.g., trouble making or receiving phone calls, phone outages, no dial tone, no phone service, annoying noises, static, hissing or echoes on CenturyLink phone line, etc.)
- CenturyLink telephone calls (e.g., complaints about international calling or dialing, collect calls, long distance calls, inmate calling or calls from prisons or jails, calls never made or answered, operator assisted calls, dial around calls, 10-10 calls, person-to-person, unwanted robocalls or autodialed calls, 900 calls, etc.)
- CenturyLink account management (e.g., complaints about CenturyLink service being disconnected, suspended or terminated, complaints about CenturyLink My Account at www.centurylink.com, etc.)
- CenturyLink telephone numbers and access lines (e.g., complaints about porting CenturyLink telephone number, adding, reconnecting, cancelling or terminating CenturyLink service or phone lines)
- CenturyLink privacy issues (i.e., complaints about sharing of private information, etc)
- CenturyLink telephone equipment and wiring (e.g., CenturyLink complaints about installation, repair and replacement of defective, faulty or broken CenturyLink telephone equipment and wiring, returned equipment, phone jacks, inside wiring, outside lines, downed wires, and telephone poles, etc.)
- Other CenturyLink products and services (e.g., CenturyLink Home Security and CenturyLink Smart Home, CenturyLink internet, CenturyLink DirectTV, CenturyLink calling cards, directories and yellow pages, and CenturyLink protection plans)
- CenturyLink offers, promotions, rewards, rebates and advertisements (e.g., complaints about CenturyLink ads, deals, rebates, rewards, and discounts, complaints about CenturyLink bundles such as CenturyLink Double Play and CenturyLink Triple Play bundles)
If You Have A CenturyLink Complaint, Report Your CenturyLink Complaints To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request a Free Attorney Review Of Your CenturyLink Complaint.