If You Have A Complaint About Global Tel*Link GTL, Share Your Global TelLink Complaints With Others and Report Your GlobalTel Link Complaints To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
A team of telephone consumer protection lawyers are investigating potential complaints by inmates and their families, friends and attorneys about Global Tel*Link (“GTL”) and GTL inmate calling services. Global Tel*Link Corporation or GTL is one of the largest providers of local, intrastate, domestic interstate and international automated operator assisted inmate calling services to prisons, jails, confinement and detention centers, penal institutions, remote work camps, correctional mental health facilities and other correctional facilities. GTL provides prison payphones and telephone service that enables inmates, prisoners and others who are incarcerated to communicate with their family members, friends, attorneys and others.
Global Tel*Link has provided inmate calling services to more than a million incarcerated individuals at 1900 correctional facilities in 47 states and over 800 counties. GTL has provided collect calling services (traditional collect calls that result in a local phone company placing a charge on the recipient’s telephone bill, i.e., on his or her AT&T, CenturyLink or Verizon phone bill), prepaid calling services (where an account is funded in advance, ie prepaid by the call recipient and prepaid minutes purchased decrease or deplete as they are used), and debit calling (where calls are debited from an account funded by the inmate).
Where GTL has a direct billing relationship with a traditional local telephone company, GTL has billed through the phone company (or through a billing aggregator or intermediary such as Zero Plus Dialing or ZPDI or ILD Teleservices) and payments made to the phone company as part of the called party’s regular local telephone bill. In locations where Global Tel*Link does not have a direct billing agreement with a local exchange carrier or upon request of customer, customers can setup a prepaid Global Tel*Link Advance Pay Account for payment of collect calls placed from inmate and prisoners at correctional facilities served by GTL. Payments can be made by deposit kiosk, online payment, automated phone system payment and live operator payment. GTL’s Inmate Telephone Debit Account is a prepaid telephone account available to certain inmates and incarcerated persons where funds are transferred from a prisoner’s inmate trust fund or a commissary account manually via vouchers or electronically through a funds transfer.
Global Tel*Link GTL, which is based in Mobile, Alabama, also provides inmate calling services through subsidiaries DSI-ITI, LLC (Inmate Telephone Inc.), Public Communications Services, Inc. (PCS), Value-Added Communications, Inc. (VAC), and Conversant Technologies, Inc. (CTI) and has provided inmate calling account setup, funding, deposit and management related services through its ConnectNetwork.com and OffenderConnect.com web portals.
Global Tel*Link complaints potentially being investigated include complaints about:
- Global Tel*Link automated operator assisted calling services for inmates and their families (GTL inmate phone service)
- Global Tel*Link collect calls
- Global Tel*Link AdvancePay Prepaid Phone Account (Global Tel*Link prepaid account)
- Inmate Telephone Debit Accounts or Inmate Trust Fund Account or Inmate PIN Debit (inmate deposits)
- Deposits using credit or debit cards (Visa or Mastercard)
- Funding GlobalTelLink accounts by cash, check or money order (adding money to account)
- Paying via phone (pay by phone), online (internet payment), kiosk, by mail or via Western Union
- Email service accounts
- Global Tel*Link rates charged for local, toll and long distance calls from inmates
- GTL usage charges (rate per minute)
- GTL per call charges (connection fees, connection charges and reconnect fees)
- Charges for incomplete, disconnected or dropped calls (including calls over 5 minutes in length, calls that drop for background noise, calls disconnected upon detection of a three way call or a forwarded call or disconnection due to pause in conversation)
- Charges for calls that the called party did not positively or actively accept by dialing a designated digit for collect call acceptance
- Calls to wireless, mobile or cell phones
- Available balance for rights of usage (account balance)
- Credit or debit card transaction fees or prepayment fees
- Account depletion and available minutes (or call units)
- Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee
- Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
- Forfeiture of funds for inactive or closed accounts (or accounts dissolved after three months of no activity, no calls, no account replenishment and no customer service inquiries)
- Single bill fee (charge placed on telephone bill for offering the convenience of receiving printed inmate call charges on a local telephone bill, or providing a paper invoice directly to Customer)
- Validation surcharge (per call surcharge for difficulty of rating calls and the cost of verifying the geographic location of the called party for security purposes)
- Public telephone surcharge or pay telephone surcharge
- Biometric service charge
- Credits or refunds for disputed calls or charges
- GTL.net, ConnectNetwork.com or OffenderConnect.com (Offender Connect portal)
- Blocking GTL collect calls
- Calling Global Tel*Link customer service number (connect network and GTL offender connect customer service)
- Other complaints
If You Have A Complaint About Global Tel*Link GTL, Report Your GTL Global Tel*Link Complaints To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request a Free Attorney Review Of Your Global Tel*Link Complaint.