If You Have Had Excessive Dropped Calls On Your Phone, Share Your Dropped Call Complaints With Others And Report Dropped Calls To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
A dropped call is a telephone call that is cut off prematurely or disconnected before a telephone conversation has finished, ended or completed. Dropped calls are one of the most common complaints made by telephone customers. According to a recent study on calls that drop, 72% of cell phone owners had occasional dropped-calls, while 32% experience dropped calls at least a few times a week or more.
Dropped calls may occur may various reasons, including, for example:
- dead zones or areas with no reception
- when a phone moves out of the range of a wireless network or coverage area
- where a signal is interrupted, jammed or interfered with
- when there is an imbalance of traffic between different cell sites or towers
- faulty network configuration and software glitches
- co-channel or adjacent channel interference
- transmission problems or handoff issues
- faulty receivers inside base stations
- lack of network capacity
- power outages
- problems with your telephone carrier
- problems with your phone
- extreme traffic on cell towers
- least-cost routing
Dropped calls potentially being investigated include, the following among others:
- AT&T dropped calls
- Verizon dropped calls
- Sprint dropped calls
- T-mobile dropped calls
- Other complaints about calls being dropped
Are you routinely having telephone calls that are dropping or disconnecting? Have you been unable to obtain refunds or credits for having calls drops?
If You Have Had An Excessive Amount of Dropped Calls, Report Your Dropped Call Complaints To A Telephone Consumer Protection Lawyer.
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request a Free Attorney Review Of Your Dropped Call Complaint.